Monday, August 11, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays




The first picture is one I took when we were at Lake Ontario (my trip with my daughter to the Renaissance Festival). The other three are 3 of my watercolors from the 4 week watercolor class I just finished. The colors are actually less muted than this.

I taught two 45 minute workshops yesterday and had a great time. This particular art organization really values their artist teachers. They pay very well and support the artists and the arts in any way they can. I was interviewed by the local newspaper (not the big time, but it's a start) when I was done teaching and am quoted in tonight's paper (The Leader Herald).

I've been asked to teach a 6 week series of Beeswax Collage in Albany through the Women's Building on Central Avenue. If we get enough sign-ups it will be held for 6 evenings starting in September. I've done a 6 week series of classes before and it's fun!

This week's prompt - Think of a place in your life that was special. Make art about that place, with a picture of that place, or just with the feeling that thinking about the place evokes. Have fun with it!!

"...if you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living." Joseph Campbell

4 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Your picture of Lake Ontario is breathtaking! Beautiful. Oh; I see a watercolorist in the mist here :) Lovely Laura! Congrats on your successful classes; your interview with the paper - just fabulous and well-deserved accomplishments! I'm very proud of you!

DJ said...

The watercolors are awesome! And Lake Ontario looks really neat.Congrats on the classes and the interview and everything!!!

Kerri Jean said...

Watercolor is one of my totally favorite mediums. These are beautiful Laura!!! Great great news about your classes and the newspaper!! Cant wait to see you Friday!

Jennet (Feathered Nest Studio) said...

Nice shot of Lake Ontario... you are lucky to have such a fabulous daughter to travel with. :)