Monday, November 17, 2008

Can it Possibly be Monday Already??

Yes, I guess it can. I didn't post much last week because I had a cold all week. I didn't feel horrible (thankfully), but just kind of lousy.

I did manage to get my second piece done for the art show with the shrine theme. (I showed you my first piece last week - a shrine to my Grandmother) The second was a large canvas done about the Mona Lisa. I've always loved the Mona Lisa. I find looking at her very soothing. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture taken before handing it in, so will post a picture after I get it back in December.

The prompt for this week is to think of a painting or style of painting that evokes a memory for you. A memory that comes to mind for me is sitting in a doctor's office with my son when he was 10 or 11. He asked "why would they have an awful painting like that on the wall?". When I looked it was a print of a Grandma Moses. I tried to explain that she was very famous and very highly thought of, but he wasn't accepting that.
So, with the prompt, take the memory and do art from that or do something in the style of the technique of the painting.

"Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours". Richard Bach

2 comments:

DJ said...

Haha, that's a funny story. :) Not a big Grandma Moses fan myself.

Jennet (Feathered Nest Studio) said...

leave it to Kyle! although I am not much of a Grandma Moses fan either, even though I went to her museum.