Monday, November 10, 2008

New Art and a Prompt





This is a piece that I finished for a show. It had to be a shrine of some sort to someone or something meaningful in your life. This is an 8 x 10" canvas with a photo of my Grandmother that has been "painted over" (a technique taught to me by my very good friend Marilyn), the canvas is painted and has 2 small canvases attached (one is a photo of me with Grandma and the other is my four kids with Grandma). Along the edges I attached etched wood strips. No beeswax on this one! I'm working on one more for the same show that is beeswax.
Unconscious Mutterings for last week
I say ... and you think ... ?
In love :: with my husband
Be my guest :: for lunch
Number one :: numero uno
Swallowed whole :: grape
50 percent :: half
Made in :: America
Supplement :: vitamin
Right for :: all of us
Endless :: infinity
Ceramic :: tile
and for this week
I say ... and you think ... ?
Coverage :: clothing
Cynical :: my husband
Gust :: wind
Improvised :: made do
V :: Roman numeral
Guests :: party
Brutal :: war
Grant :: scholarship
Pull :: wagon
Streaming :: absolutely nothing pops into my head for this! even when I think about it
This week's prompt - Think of a favorite line from a song. Do a piece of art or write a poem and incorporate at least a few words from that line in the art.
Here's a quote that I really like. "Everything I do and say with anyone makes a difference."
Gita Bellin

3 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; this collage is magnificent! I just love it and it's so meaningful! Beautiful job on the paint over, love your color choices, including the photos! WOWSA! Great prompt, too!

DJ said...

GREAT collage! Really cool with the two small collages on top.

Kerri Jean said...

Wonderful collage. I love the word associations too. I think it's revealing as to where our minds are.