Friday, April 25, 2008

Beeswax Collage and a Poem

This is a collage that I did that is embellished with beeswax. The collage is made up of tissue papers, transparencies, collage images, angelina fibers, and handmade papers on a stretched canvas. The beeswax is applied and smoothed with an iron. Beeswax is a fantastic medium!
I have taught several workshops in this and most people really enjoy working with it. Plus there's a bonus...it smells good!!

This is something that I plan to use in artwork soon and will share as my ending quote. I love the rhythm of it and the images it evokes. I'm off to a weekend of art and poetry writing this weekend!
"Nothing that is can pause or stay;
The moon will wax, the moon will wane,
The mist and cloud will turn to rain,
The rain to mist and cloud again,
Tomorrow be today." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

4 comments:

Patti G. said...

Laura, Congrats on starting a blog! I found you through Marilyn! :0)
What fun! Your artwork collages are sooooooooo pretty and I will enjoy visiting and seeing your poetic artwork!
Hugs,Patti

Sanja said...

beautiful beeswax collage!!

Kerri Jean said...

I love both the collage and the quote Laura!! Now I want to do beeswax today - can't wait to hear about your weekend!!

DJ said...

I LOVE this poem!!!