Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Day Late Due to Computer Glitches!

My computer was giving me a hard time last night when I tried to post, so I finally had to give up and try again this morning. Maybe it was tired like I was!

For those of you that also read my daughter's blog, you already know that we have started an etsy shop. We are still in the process of loading stuff on it, but it is a work in progress. The name of it is LaurelAndDeer (just like that), and for the reason behind the name, see our Etsy profile.

Our prompt for this week, is a little different. The prompt is the word Journal. I read that the original meaning of the word was the journey you take in one day. Kind of cool! Now to use this for a prompt you can use the definition to do art or write from OR work in your art journal with the definition in mind OR if you don't already do an art journal, consider starting one. They are a great way to plan to do at least a little bit of art every day. BUT the really important thing (in my humble opinion) if you do start one, DON'T beat up on yourself if you don't work in it on a daily basis. Art Journals can be anything and everything you want them to be. You can use them as a type of diary, but include art OR as a place to try new techniques OR as a place to get thoughts and feelings out. More on Art Journals in future posts.

Quote today is from a VERY strange Kyra Sedgewick movie I saw recently (but I loved the quote) "Whenever you feel scared, that means there's opportunity."

2 comments:

DJ said...

I never heard journal defined that way, very cool! The quote is nice too. Computers stink sometimes. They're supposed to make things quicker, but they don't do what you want them to and then you get so frustrated and you have to stop yourself from smashing it. (at least I do :)

Kerri Jean said...

I am having problems reading this post Laura, but I was able to see that you and Dyani opened an etsy shop - way to go!!! What an exciting new venture!!!!