Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trying to Catch up on Blogging



The first pic is the "Paper Lily" that my 3 year old granddaughter and I and her Mom (my DIL) made for her first day of nursery school. The teacher sent a die cut and we were to decorate it to represent her. We used felt, paper, fun foam, ribbon, rickrack, letter beads, and glitter glue. It's even cuter than this in person!

The second pic is my grandson Zachary (Lily's little brother) 3 weeks ago when he was less than 24 hours old.

The third pic is from a few weeks ago when 2 of my daughters and I went to Bennington, Vermont to Robert Frost's home. I'd been to Bennington, but not to Frost's home or the cemetery, so we did both of those. This is Dyani and Jennet standing in front of the entrance. Unfortunately, my daughter Alissa wasn't able to go with us. Dyani and Jennet complained at the time that I was taking their picture with them looking into the sun, so that's why they're probably squinting.

I haven't bought a Somerset magazine in awhile ...they are SO expensive and frankly alot of them seem to be the same thing over and over, BUT I recently did buy the Holidays and Celebrations issue. I enjoyed looking through it this weekend at the cabin and made a list of things I'm interested in trying. Alot of the things could be done for a different holiday than they suggest, so that's nice. For example, I hate Halloween, yes, I am totally a Halloween Grinch, but something they have done for Halloween could be done for Christmas or Easter with different images.

This is one of my favorite quotes and one I've used in artwork. "Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees."
Victor Hugo

3 comments:

DJ said...

Paper Lily is even cuter than you described to me. Zach is cuter in person too! :) AWESOME quote! One of my faves.

Kyle and Amy said...

I love your blog and all the pretty things you make and now there are pics of two things pretty and cute that i made lol

Kerri Jean said...

Your grandchildren will have sooo many wonderful memories of creating with you. So many of my memories of learning art are from my grandmother. Zach is adorable!