Monday, September 8, 2008

"On Golden Pond"



Actually the name of this is Sunset on Pleasant Lake, but as soon as we arrived my husband said, "Doesn't this remind you of the dock and lake in On Golden Pond?". And it did! That is one of my all-time favorite movies!! Two of my daughters and husbands and my husband and I rented a cabin for the weekend. A great cabin -- bathroom, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, glassed in breakfast nook, screened and glassed porch, and wrap around deck. The last 2 falls we're rented rustic cabins and that was fun, too, but electricity sure is terrific! My son and wife and the 2 grand kids surprised us by visiting one evening, so that was nice, too. My other daughter and family weren't there.
Anyway, these are two shots I took of Friday night's sunset.
My daughter said that the art show Friday Night "THREE" went well (as part of Albany's First Friday art event). There were lots of people. She said people were hoping to speak with the artists and I was really sorry to have to miss it!
Today's prompt is one word. I think it's kind of a cool sounding word... fiduciary. As an adjective it means - relating to the holding of something in trust for another. As a noun it means - someone who stands in a special relation of trust, confidence, or responsibility in certain obligations to others. Think about the word, the sound of the word (you can also look it up), and the meanings. Now make art!!
"We cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange medley of life. But we can decide what happens in us - how we take it, what we do with it - and that is what really counts in the end." Joseph Newton





1 comment:

DJ said...

Glad that the art show went well! Nice pictures and great quote. It's all up to us, isn't it?