Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gorgeous Greene County!



This is the piece that I made and that was accepted for the Beautiful Greene show. It's a 4 x 12 x 1 3/8" canvas and is collage embellished when done with melted beeswax. The location is the photograph is shot from the Catskill Point Flagpole in Catskill, NY. It's a lovely little park on the Hudson River and you'd never guess from this shot that only a stone's throw away are gigantic oil tanks!
I'm taking a 4 week twice a week class in watercolors. After the second class, I have actually completed a simple 5 x 7" landscape, but I don't really think I am a painter. I just hope to get a little knowledge of how the paints work and using the brush and all and probably won't use it for much except my art journal. I am totally outside my comfort zone and, I guess, it's never a bad thing to venture there.
My Moo cards arrived and are in the mail to the swap coordinator. They are very cool and I'm anxious to get the return cards and see what they're like!
I can't believe it's Friday already! This summer is just speeding by...but then don't they all!!
Have a good weekend and "see" you next week.
"You're never too old to do goofy stuff." Ward Cleaver on Leave it to Beaver

1 comment:

Kerri Jean said...

I am a Catskills native, so I particularly love this. I particularly love the extreme horizontal format that captures such a great span so well.