Monday, July 7, 2008

Time for a Prompt!

Here's hoping everyone had a fun three day weekend! It was hot today, but I didn't have to go out, so just kept the house sealed up tight...it never got bad in here. I opened the door once and this heat wave pushed against me, so I closed it and left it closed!

I got a bunch of collages done over Saturday and Sunday. Of course, since I wasn't going out I didn't take pictures yet (I usually take my pictures in the backyard...I find the natural light works best). When I do, I'll show you some. I have this very high-tech studio system for taking my pics -- go in the backyard, drape a black t-shirt over the back of a lawn chair and another black t-shirt over the lawn chair seat, stand the collage up on the chair seat, and sit on the ground. Professional, huh??! ha, ha

Today's prompt is as follows----Make something using some junk mail. It could be an Artist Trading Card, a greeting card, a journal page, or whatever you come up with. I made a few ATCs with this technique and it was really fun. I'll post a pic next time I post. Have fun with it!

Today's quote - one of my favorite poets - "When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms...
I don't want to end up simply having
visited this world." Mary Oliver

1 comment:

DJ said...

Great prompt, I get so much junkmail it will be good to do something productive with it! That quote is great too! Your photography setup is quite similar to mine : )