Friday, May 2, 2008

The Merry Month of May

I've always loved May - and I'm SURE that the fact that my birthday is Mother's Day has NOTHING to do with it -- well, maybe a little to do with it. ;-) May just always seems so full of promise.

We got my Mom all settled in to the nursing home yesterday. She'll only be there for a few weeks of rehab after the surgery. She's doing amazingly well. So today I had an all art day! I worked on some beeswax collage and also did some more Affirmation Collages (mentioned in an earlier post). They are such fun!

While gathering photos for the collages, I came across photos of my Mom and both my Grandmothers. They reminded me of the quote I'll use for today. I'm also reminded of this when I think of my 3 daughters ...and yes, my son.

"Sons branch out, but one woman leads to another." Margaret Atwood

No comments: