Friday, October 3, 2008

Art Journaling and a Quote

So far it is a rainy, dreary Friday, so a good time to think about some art journaling. Another idea for you today is to decorate a couple of background pages and start a list of something. In my art journal, for example, I right now have a 4 page (both sides) running list of "Things I Love" (or have loved in the past). Don't confuse this with a list of people that I love...like my husband and kids, etc....it's sounds, activities, memories, objects, etc. I decided to do a long list, so I'm working on 150 things! The list is in no particular order and whenever something occurs to me, I jot it down. To give you an idea of the kinds of things I mean, here are some things from my list: Museums in D.C., Wolf Kahn paintings, Jane Goodall books, Sitting with Lily, Memory of reading chapter books together with Kyle, Beeswax Collaging, Spending the day with a daughter, Learning a new art technique, Johnny-Jump-Up plants. That's just a short list of random selections to give you a brief idea of what kinds of things I mean. Rest assured that everyone I hold dear has (or will) made it on my list in some way. Give it a try! It's fun!

Have a great weekend!

"There's no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy. By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world." Robert Louis Stevenson

1 comment:

DJ said...

Great prompt! The quote is very thought provoking too.