This week's list question at Ten Things on Tuesday is 10 Great/Awful Things About Television Today. Here goes and whether my opinion is great or awful:
1. Talk shows during the day seem to have gotten kind of carried away, so I vote awful.
2. Infomercials I also vote Awful...especially that colon cleanse guy! If I stumble across him again, I may just scream.
3. The Closer on TNT is my absolute favorite show, so that gets a GREAT!
4. I think the idea of some shows starting in January is Great 'cause probably by then others will be in repeat, so I can watch the new ones.
5. I'm not a fan of reality shows, so I'd have to rate them awful - I know some people love them...they're just not my cup of tea.
6. CBS Monday comedy shows - Big Bang, 2 1/2 Men, Worst Week (hilarious if you like kind of slap-stick type humor and I do -- Chevy Chase and Adam Sandler are my very favorites), so I rate all three of these great.
7. ER I have mixed feelings about. My daughter-in-law got me hooked on it a few years ago when I was laid up with a broken ankle (thanks, Amy), and at that time I managed to get caught up on all of the episodes. I've really enjoyed the show, but let's face it, it isn't what it used to be. Still...I will miss it when it's gone! So, I have to rate ER great and awful.
8. New show The Mentalist followed by old show Without a Trace great.
9. I don't have DVR, but I tape everything I watch on my VCR, so never watch commercials. Otherwise I'd probably rate commercials awful.
10. I've watched some television with my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter and there are really some great shows out there these days for little kids.