Monday, October 20, 2008

MONDAY is Here Again!

I'm sharing a beeswax collage here that I did a little while ago.

Friday I learned a new painting technique from a dear friend. They are called Paint-Overs and are VERY cool. When I get a chance to take a picture of mine, I'll show it to you. I just totally enjoy the technique AND the end result.

This weekend I went to the Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck. Saturday I was there with two of my daughters and then one of them and I stayed at a hotel and went back the next day. It's alot of fun if you like sheep, llamas, alpacas, yarn, or any products to do with any of them, not to mention herding dogs, frisbee dogs, or fair-type food. On Sunday they have knitting book authors and you can get books autographed.

The prompt for this week is another of our one word prompts -- fatigue. What color would you paint to represent fatigue? What items or symbols would represent it for you? Usually we probably wouldn't feel like doing art if we're fatigued, but maybe it'd produce something really interesting. Give it a try sometime!

"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced". Soren Kierkegaard

2 comments:

DJ said...

Beautiful collage, the woman has a nice expression on her face. Cool prompt, I'll have to try to work WITH my fatigue, or is that laziness? :) Sheep are awesome!

Patti G. said...

HI Laura,
Marilyn has mentioned you often and I am enjoying your art here AND your etsy shop! Great job! :0)
Thanks for visiting my blog.....we will be seeing eachother around!
Hugs,Patti