This week's list is 10 of the best meals you've had. Here are mine.
1. Crab's legs we used to eat in Delaware when my Dad owned a weekend house there.
2. Corn chowder in a bread bowl from the D.C. Food Fest.
3. The meatballs my Grandma Holley used to make (which I wouldn't even eat now 'cause I only eat fish and not meat, but they were delicious).
4. The only time I ever remember my Grandpa making any kind of food was when he was in his 70's and cut a clipping from the newspaper of a recipe for plum tapioca. He made it and although I was very hesitant, it wasn't bad at all!
5. Not exactly a "meal", but immediately after my 3rd child was born, I was freezing and so so thirsty. They got me a heated blanket and a glass of orange juice and that oj was like heaven on earth! I remember it like yesterday even though it was 27 years ago.
6. My Dad used to make some kind of eggs where he tore pieces of cheese and tossed them in the eggs and the eggs rose up high and were delish.
7. My Mom's lasagna when I was a kid.
8. Grandma Holley's egg custard was a real comfort food for me.
9. shrimp, scallops, seafood bisque...most any seafood
10. Holiday dinners - Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, 4th of July, birthdays