Monday, October 27, 2008

Last Monday in October!


This was my first try on a technique that my good friend Marilyn taught me. I mentioned it in an earlier post. She is a wonderful artist (and a wonderful friend). This is a really fun and relaxing technique that I know I'll be using alot more in the future. This piece is an 8 x 10" gallery canvas. The background is extremely simple and plain because I felt it went along with the image well to do it that way. I was very happy with the way this came out. It's done with acrylics and shiva paint sticks. Thanks again, Marilyn!

The prompt this week...yes, hard to believe that this is the last Monday in October...is to think of a Halloween memory. Halloween is a "holiday" that I really don't like, but it holds some memories nonetheless. When I really think about it, I feel a sense of love from past Halloweens. As a child my Grandmother always sewed my costumes and they were Great! A few I think of off the top of my head are angel, witch, native american, bride - and believe me these costumes were the real thing, not something thrown together. Later on as a mother I sewed or put together costumes for or with my kids...and that, too, was filled with love. Just a few - genie as in I Dream of Jeanie, tomato, pumpkin, bag of potatoes. So, anyway, take a little stroll down memory lane Halloween style and see what you come up with.

"Let us savor the fleeting delights of our most beautiful days". Alphonse de Lamartine

5 comments:

Kyle and Amy said...

The Costume Kyle always talks about was when he dressed up as an ELECTRICIAN! lol I always say huh you became that and to think I dressed up like a PRINCESS once can I be that?

DJ said...

Your canvas is REALLY cool! You're going to have to share that technique with me.

Kerri Jean said...

Beautiful painting. My dad (and his twin brother)celebrate their birthday on Halloween, so it was always a fun and festive time at our house. Max is not fond of it, however, so I can't enjoy the trick or treaters as much as I once could.
--footnote - isn't this weird - the word verification for this comment is "boodevel" - and your post is about halloween!!

alissa said...

Your costume memories make it sound like we were always produce! ;-)

Jennet (Feathered Nest Studio) said...

I remember being a bag of jelly beans once.